Lafontaine was originally called Sainte-Croix (French for "Holy Cross").It was renamed Lafontaine to honour the politician Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine, one of the early Joint Premiers of the Province of Canada. Having proudly served the area for 10 years, we are pleased to launch both an interactive website as well as our newly completed showroom. We are Muskoka's premiere fireplace store & stone yard.We offer regularly scheduled one-hour public cruises starting in June through to October.Cruises are available daily during July and August, and several days a week from September through to Thanksgiving.Stay tuned as we constantly update our inventory and project gallery Founded by the Smith family - stonemasons serving Muskoka dating back to 1882, we have grown to a full service retail yard and showroom.Have a look at all the services provided by The Muskoka Stone Co.
An original live play and Fundraiser for the Huntsville Hospital Foundation.
The township was named in 1822 after a pet dog of Lady Sarah Maitland (1792–1873), wife of Sir Peregrine Maitland, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada.
Two other adjoining townships were also named for her pet dogs, Tay and Flos (now Springwater Township).
Wenonah II comfortably accommodates up to 216 passengers.
For social celebrations, private dining rooms seat from 10 to 100 guests in elegant, turn-of-the-century surroundings.